Visa Canada


The Canada is a country in the North American continent located right above the United-States and is known as a highly developed country. The demand of people to travel to Canada has been steadily increasing the last few years, but most people wonder how they can get to Canada.

Who needs a Canadian Visa?

People from countries that do not have a visa exemption or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) agreement with Canada will need a visa to enter the country. More specifically, people from around 148 countries need a visa to visit, work or immigrate to Canada. There are different types of visas such as Visitor Visa, Study Visa, Work Visa and Permanent Resident,  Business Immigration Visas, Express Entry Visa.

 1.Temporary Visas:

Canadian Temporary Visa is a great option for those who wish to come to Canada for studies, work or for vacations and only for a limited period of time usually up to 6 months. However, the temporary visa can be single or multiple entry visa.

Single entry visa allows the person to only enter Canada once, stay for 6 months and the return to their home country. 

A multiple entry visa allows the person to enter Canada multiple times until their visa expires and stay temporarily.

Here are the types of Canadian Temporary Visa:

 * Tourist Visa/Visitor Visa: allows the holder to enter Canada for the  purpose of tourism in the country.

If you have already planned to visit Canada, you must know the basic requirements to apply for a Tourist Visa:

- have a valid passport and other travel documents.

- be in good health.

- have good moral character.

- be able to convince the immigration officer that you have your family, property, assets, etc. that would serve as incentive to come back to your home country.

- be able to convince  the immigration officer that you will leave the country before expires your visa.

- have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada.

You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

Writing a letter of invitation does not mean you are legally responsible for the visitor once he or she gets to Canada. You should still write the letter in good faith. You must tell the truth and plan to keep the promises you make in the letter. Send your letter (notarized, if the visa office asks for that) to the person you are inviting to Canada. The person must then send this letter to the Canadian embassy or consulate outside of Canada when he or she applies for a temporary resident visa. 

The processing times is in a few weeks or less, it depends on the visa office. If your application is approved, the visa will be stamped inside your passport. If your application is refused, we will send you an explanation.

 * Diplomatic and Official Visa: gives permission to officials and diplomatic from foreign countries to enter Canada for official duties and purposes.

 * Courtesy Visa: given to all those people who do not qualify for a Diplomatic and Official Visa but are considered of importance due to their rank and positions. This includes for example of trade mission or diplomats with touristic intent.

 * Business Visa: is given to those who are traveling to Canada with business purposes as individuals or as a group of business people. 

 * Visa to Give Birth in Canada: is given to those who fulfill all the criteria to stay temporary in Canada and who are pregnant and want to give birth in the country. Giving birth in Canada makes the baby automatically a Canadian citizen.

 * Intending Organ Donors Visa: is given to a person who is travelling to Canada with the purpose of donating an organ to a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.

 * Facilitation Visa: are given to Canadian citizens with dual nationalities who do not have a Canadian passport but have passport of another nationality. The facilitation visa is stamped on the person's other nationality visa due to extreme hardships of the person getting a Canadian passport.

 * Student Visa: is given to those who have an admission from a Canadian university to complete their studies. If you are going to Canada to study for less than 6 months, then you can only get a TRV visa, but for more than 6 months of studies, you will need a Student Visa.

 * Temporary Work Visa: are given to those people who have a job offer in Canada and will work for up to 6 months. To get this visa, the person must present a valid job offer letter from an employer and qualify for a temporary visa.

 * Temporary Residence Permit: is for people who need to go to Canada for different purposes but are otherwise not admissible for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). This permit is issued only for the length of time that the person needs to be in Canada, for example 2 weeks for a workshop.

 * Working Holiday Visa: is given to young people from 30 countries, so they can work in Canada and travel. It is a random selection visa which means that applicants will submit their application and wait to be randomly selected to apply for the work permit.

 2. Permanent Canada Visa:

The permanent visas are visas which allow the holder to permanently settle in the country. These are otherwise known as immigrant visas and can be of different types as follows:

 * Immigrant Invest Program

 * Start-up Visa Program

 * Self-employed Person Visa

 * Quebec Selected Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)

 * Family Sponsorship Program

 * Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)

 3. Express Entry Visas: is an electric immigration program designed by the Government of Canada. It allows people from all over the world to apply for immigration to Canada based on their specific skills. The following are part of this program:

 * Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP): is given to people who are qualified trade people in occupation such as carpenter, aircraft, crane operator, heavy-duty equipment mechanic, electrician, machinist, iron worker, welder, plumber, etc.

 * Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): is given to people who have professions which are required in Canada. You must check what kind of occupations Canada needs at the point you are planning to apply and obtain the necessary points.

 * The Provincial Nominee Program: is given to semi or low-skilled worker who can contribute to the Canadian economy through their work. The worker are placed in different provinces of Canada where the demand for their work is higher.

 * The Canadian Experience Class: is given to those who have a temporary student visa or a temporary workers visa and want to switch to a permanent resident status. They either have a Canadian education or work experience and have settle into Canadian society.

After a successful Canadian visa application

Once you have your visa, you can travel to Canada. At the point of entry, you will be asked to show your passport and documents. The officials will check them and ask a few questions about why you are going to Canada. After you answer, they will make the decision whether to let you inside the country or not. The officials at the point of entry have the authority to not allow you inside Canada if they believe that you will commit crimes or not respect your visa restrictions. Having a Canadian visa does not guarantee that you will go to Canada, only the border officials are allowed to do that.